7 Interesting Facts about Propane Gas
Propane is one of the most efficient energy sources around around – and one of the most versatile. In fact, you can power just about anything with propane – and probably do it for less money (especially if you currently power your home with electricity).
Here are 7 things you might not know about clean, green propane:
- Propane gas emits less than half the greenhouse gas emissions of electricity; in fact, propane exceeds the requirements for clean fuel regulations.
- Propane gas doesn’t spill, pool, or leave a residue; this makes it harmless to soil or water if a tank leaks.
- Propane furnaces can be up to 95 percent efficient, saving energy without you having to give up comfort (propane water heaters can achieve even greater efficiency – up to 98 percent!).
- Propane whole-house gas generators not only keep the lights on – they can also power your home security system, your sump pump, and other systems that can protect your family and property.
- Propane can efficiently power just about any home appliance – from space heaters to fireplaces and everywhere in between. It can even power your vehicles!
- Propane indoor ranges enable precision and instant temperature control – which is why nearly 95 percent of professional chefs choose to cook with gas.
- Outdoor propane grills use very little gas to cook and can help keep unwanted heat outside during the warm summer months, which can help save on cooling bills.
Want to learn more about the power of propane? Contact us today – and don’t forget to ask about this special on a propane-powered water heater for your Finger Lakes-area home!