Be Prepared: Seven Reasons to Have a Whole House Generator
Severe weather seems to get more common each year – and with that severe weather can come inconvenient or even dangerous power outages.
Fortunately there’s a way to protect your family and home even if the power goes down: invest in a whole house propane gas generator. The unit – which looks a lot like a covered central A/C condenser – connects to your home’s HVAC and electrical systems and starts automatically within a few seconds after an outage.
Keeping the lights on is one obvious benefit to having a propane backup generator, but there are other more important reasons to have one. Here are seven of them:
- Life-saving power for medical devices – A whole house generator can literally save a life by keeping emergency medical equipment up and running.
- Protection from flood – Severe weather often brings rain or snow; your generator will keep your sump pump working when the power goes down.
- Security for your valuables – A whole house generator will keep home security systems running throughout the outage.
- Charging power – A whole house generator will help keep you connected to friends and loved ones by helping you keep battery operated radios, laptops, tablets and cellphones charged.
- Food protection – Generators can keep hundreds of dollars of food from spoiling.
- Comfort – A whole house generator will keep your heat, A/C and Indoor air quality equipment running.
- Damage protection – Frozen water pipes in winter can be expensive to repair; by keeping your home heating system running, you can avoid that costly problem problem.
Be prepared for severe weather! Contact Ehrhart Energy today to learn about propane whole house generator options for your Ithaca-area home.