Six Benefits of Wood Bricks vs. Cordwood
We all love the cozy warmth of a wood stove or fireplace, but let’s be honest – set-up and cleanup of any hearth product that uses cordwood can be a hassle, especially if you use it every day.
Fortunately, there’s an alternative to cordwood that gives you the same cozy heat and flaming glow without the mess and inconvenience: wood bricks.
Made of kiln-dried recycled wood chips and sawdust, wood bricks are a cleaner, greener, and more economical alternative to burning cordwood. Switch to burning wood bricks this winter and you will:
- Save money – Wood bricks burn hotter and longer than cordwood, so you’ll get more heating bang for your buck.
- Save space – Compact and stackable wood bricks only require one-third the space of cordwood to deliver the same amount of heating power.
- Save time – With pre-made wood bricks, you’ll spend less time preparing for – and cleaning up from – your fire (since clean-burning wood bricks produce less ash than cordwood).
- Save your strength – No more hauling, chopping, and stacking cordwood – simply clear a space for our neatly stacked palettes of wood bricks and you’re ready to go.
- Save the planet – Wood bricks are made from leftover scrap from the timber industry, so the environmental impact of procuring them is minimal. And when the bricks are burned they emit less carbon than cordwood – and no harmful creosote.
- Save your home from critters – Shrink-wrapped wood bricks are not only protected from the weather, but also from bugs, mice, and other creatures that can make a home in your wood pile.
Looking for a cleaner, greener, and more convenient way to power your wood burning stove or fireplace this winter? Wood bricks could be the perfect solution. Contact us today to learn more!