This wood pellet hopper can hold enough pellets to go 4-8 weeks without refilling.
Yes, you can manually feed your wood pellet boiler or wood pellet stove by using 40-pound bags.
But we can guarantee you that you will tire of hauling the bags and feeding your appliances day after day.
Eventually, you will want to switch to our bulk wood pellet delivery service and have an automatic feeding system put into place.
And by the way, it’s more environmentally friendly because it eliminates waste of the plastic wrapping used in a pallet of bagged pellets.
To receive bulk shipments, however, you will need a storage container that can fit into your basement, utility room, or outside near an outer wall. Options include:
3-5-Ton Indoor Hopper
- Sizes range from 6”x 8”x 8’ to 12’ x 12’ x 12’
- Most convenient indoor storage option
- Pellets can be extracted automatically with auger feed or vacuum feed; manual bucket extraction is also an option
- Typically recommended for customers with pellet boiler; but can be used as storage for a pellet stove as well
- Price ranges from $3,000-$4,500, not including cost for installation and pellet extraction
3-10-Ton Outdoor Hoppers (example pictured above)
- Made with galvanized steel, with optional green PVC coated finish that makes it blend into natural surroundings and extend life span to 30+ years
- Designed to resist moisture, maintaining pellet quality
- Manufactured in Ireland by Biomass Silo Systems; Ehrhart Energy is their US distributor
- Standard features include automatic pellet extraction via auger feed or vacuum feed
- Manual extraction chute can be positioned on any side
- Pricing varies by size; contact us to arrange a consultation and we will determine your storage needs
We would be happy to discuss which storage container solution would be best for you, and help arrange for the sale and installation of your final selection.